I am the managing partner of Zuanich Law. Thanks for visiting our site.
Unlike many attorneys, I have broad experience in both civil and criminal law.
- Zuanich Law PLLC, Managing partner, February 2018 to present
My practice emphasizes plaintiff's personal injury law, criminal appeals and post-conviction relief, DOL appeals, civil appeals, business law, and general civil litigation.
- Purse Seine Vessel Owners' Association, General Counsel, July 2014 to February 2018
PSVOA is one of the largest commercial fishing organizations in the United States. As in-house counsel, I focused on maritime insurance defense, where I represented vessel owners in personal injury claims filed by injured crew members in state and federal courts in Washington and Alaska. I also maintained a separate private practice helping PSVOA members with civil and criminal matters
- Moberly & Roberts, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Kirkland, WA, September 2011 to July 2014
I prosecuted primarily DUI and domestic violence cases in Kirkland and Mercer Island. I handled dozens of jury trials and bench trials, and hundreds of criminal and civil motions.
- Bristol County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, Fall River, MA Jan 2017 to June 2011
I prosecuted serious felony and misdemeanor cases in juvenile, district, and superior courts, from motor vehicle homicides and firearms offenses to DUI's, domestic violence, and drug charges. I tried over 200 cases, including over 125 jury trials. At the end of my tenure, I was responsible for prosecuting the majority of all non-fatal firearms cases throughout the entire county.
- Pro Tem Judge, King County, Kitsap County & Snohomish County, District Courts, July 2014 to present
A pro tem judge is a substitute judge who fills in when a regularly elected judge is sick, on vacation, or attending conferences. As a pro tem judge, I have presided over thousands of cases, including criminal jury trials, criminal and civil motions, protection order cases, personal injury cases, and a wide range of other civil cases.
- Pro Tem Judge, King County & Snohomish County, Municipal Courts, July 2014 to present
I also serve as a pro tem judge in various municipal courts throughout Western Washington, including Bothell, Kirkland, Lynnwood, Sea-Tac, Seattle, and Tukwila.
Military Experience (select)
- Brigade Judge Advocate, 303rd Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, Honolulu, Hawaii, September 2019 to present
I serve as the primary legal advisor to the Brigade Commander (colonel) and the command team. I advise the command on administrative separation actions and legal investigations. I also draft legal and ethical opinions and train soldiers and staff on relevant operational and administrative legal issues.
The mission of a MEB unit is to provide critical mission support to the main operational force during combat or civil affairs operations.
- Deputy Brigade Judge Advocate, 301st Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA, December 2018 to September 2019
I served as the deputy legal advisor, advising the command on administrative separation actions and providing guidance during legal investigations.
- Trial Counsel, 104th Training Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA, July 2016 to December 2018
I represented the government during administrative separation proceedings and served as the primary legal advisor to the Division Commander (general officer)
- Washington State, 2011
- Alaska, 2015
- Massachusetts, 2006 (inactive)
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington, 2014
- United States District Court, District of Alaska, 2017
- Washington State Bar Association
I serve on two committees: the Rules and Procedures Committee and the Adjunct Disciplinary Counsel. The Rules Committee studies and provides suggested amendments to the state's court rules. Members of the Disciplinary Counsel assist in the investigation and prosecution of attorney discipline cases.
- Alaska Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Snohomish County Bar Association
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA, J.D. 2006
- Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service, B.S. International Politics, 2002
- Shorewood High School, Seattle, WA, 1998