Call for a Case Review 206-829-8415

Snohomish County Firearms Restoration Lawyer

Here is the basic procedure for filing a motion to restore your firearms in Snohomish County.  

Step #1: File Your Motion

You have to file your motion in the Snohomish County Superior Court.

Only superior courts will hear these types of motions.  Do not, for example, file your motion in Snohomish County District Court or Everett Municipal Court.  They will reject it and you will have to start all over again.  

In Snohomish County, you have to file your motion by mail.  Filing electronically is not an option, unlike other jurisdictions such as King County or Clark County.  

Mail a copy of your motion and a check for the required $240 filing fee to Snohomish County Clerk's Office, ATTN: Superior Court Clerk, 3000 Rockefeller Avenue, M/S 605, Everett, WA 98201.  Make your check payable to "Snohomish County Clerk's Office."    

Step #2:  Get your Case Number

After you file your case and the clerk's office processes your payment, you will receive a conformed copy of your motion in the mail (i.e. a copy of your motion with a file stamp and a case number).  This takes about 1-2 weeks. 

For a small fee, you can download a conformed copy sooner through the Washington Secretary of State Digital Archives page. 

Step #3:  Get a Hearing

Filing your case alone won't get your motion heard in Court.  You have to schedule your case for a hearing before the Court.  

To get a hearing, you have to file the mail the following documents to the Court:

  1. Notice of Motion.  This document tells the Court that you want a hearing date and when you want it.  
  2. Motion to Restore Firearms.  This is the document you initially filed with the clerk's office, but now it'll have a case number attached.
  3. Declaration.  This document confirms that you meet the requirements for restoring your firearm rights in Washington.  
  4. Proposed Order.  This is the document the court will hopefully sign

Step #4:  Serve the Prosecutor's Office

The Snohomish County Prosecutor's office will review your motion and supporting documents to determine whether you are eligible for restoration.  The Appellate Division handles these cases for the Prosecutor's office.  

If you are eligible, they will agree to your motion. If not, they will object and file a written response.  

Step #5:  Confirm your Hearing

Before you go to your hearing, you have to confirm your hearing by phone two (2) court days before your hearing date.

If you don't confirm your hearing, the Court will cancel your hearing and you will have to start the whole process over. 

In Snohomish County, firearms restorations motions are heard Tuesday through Friday at 10:30 am.  

FAQ: Snohomish County Firearms Restoration

1. Who can file a firearms restoration motion in Snohomish County?

You can file your case in Snohomish County if:

A. You live in Snohomish County

B. You live outside Snohomish County but Snohomish County Superior Court terminated your right to possess or own firearms as a result of a felony or domestic violence misdemeanor conviction.  

2. Where is Snohomish County Superior Court located?

The courthouse is located in the Snohomish County Campus Plaza.

The address is: 3000 Rockefeller Avenue, Everett, WA 98210.  

3. How much do you charge to handle Snohomish County cases?

Our fee is typically $1,500 to file a restoration motion in Snohomish County, depending primarily on your criminal record and whether you have any out-of-state criminal history. 

Case Review

Contact us for a Case Review. We are available 24/7, including weekends and holidays.

Seattle Location
206.829.8545 (fax)
Mon: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Tue: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Wed: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Thu: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Fri: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Sat: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Sun: 08:00am - 06:00pm