Call for a Case Review 206-829-8415

Okanogan County Firearms Restoration Attorney

Here is the typical procedure for filing a motion to restore your firearm rights in Okanogan County. 

Step #1: File Your Motion in Superior Court

You have to file your motion in Okanogan County Superior Court. Only superior court judges have the authority to hear firearm restoration motions.

You cannot file your motion in Okanogan County District Court.  You also cannot file your motion in Omak or Tonasket Municipal Courts.  If you do, these courts will automatically reject your motion and you'll have to re-start in superior court. 

Step #2: E-Filing vs. Filing by Mail

You can file your motion by mail or electronically.


To start the process. go to the e-filing site and create an account.  Once you create an account, you have to upload the required documents for filing:

  • Petition for Restoration of Firearms Rights: This is your formal motion
  • Signed declaration: This document certifies that you meet the requirements for restoring under firearm rights under RCW 9.41.040(4).  You must sign this document under penalty of perjury.
  • Confidential Information Form: Before the clerk's office can create your case, you have to provide certain personal identifying information. You must include your full name, DOB, home address, driver's license number, and last four digits of your social security number.  This forms remains confidential and is not part of the public record. 
  • Proposed Order: This is the most important document—the document that you're hoping the Court will sign, restoring your firearm rights.  If you prepare it correctly—and it meets the prosecutors' approval—the Court will likely sign the document as is. 

By Mail

Mail a copy of your motion and the other required documents along with a check for the required $240 filing fee to the Okanogan County Clerk, 149 3rd Avenue South #301, Okanogan, WA 98840.   

Step #3: Get Your Case Number (Mail Only)

If you file by mail, the clerk's office will process your paperwork and assign you case a case number.  The clerk's office will then mail you a conformed copy of your motion.  (A conformed copy means a copy of the motion you filed, now with the assigned case number). 

This process takes about 1-2 weeks. 

If you make any mistakes in the filing process, the clerk's office will return your documents to you, with instructions.

You must have an assigned case number to schedule your case for a hearing. 

If you file electronically, you will receive you case number as soon as the clerk's office verifies and accepts your documents.

Step #4:  Serve the Prosecutor's Office

You are required to serve a copy of your motion on the Okanogan County Prosecutor's Office, which will review your file and determine whether you're eligible.

You will need to provide the same documents that you initially filed with the Court—minus the confidential information form. 

If prosecutors agree that you are eligible, then you are in very good shape.  Although a judge is not required to order firearms restoration if both sides agree, it's rare. 

If prosecutors object, they will typically file a written objection with the Court.  Just because the prosecutors object does notmean that you won't win your motion, but you'll need to address their argument in court. 

Step #5: Request a Hearing

Filing your case doesn't automatically get your motion heard in front of judge.  To do that.  You have to schedule a hearing.

In Okanogan County, firearms restoration motions are generally heard on the civil motions calendar, which take place on Wednesday at 9:00 am/.   

FAQ: Okanogan County Firearms Restoration

Can I file my firearms restoration motion in Okanogan County Superior Court?

  • You can file your motion in Okanogan County if one of the following applies
  • You are a resident of Okanogan County

You live outside Okanogan County but Okanogan County Superior Court terminated your right to possess firearms as a result of a felony or domestic violence misdemeanor convictions.

Example: You live in Wenatchee but you were convicted of a felony drug offense in Okanogan County when you were younger.  You can file your motion in Okanogan County Superior Court because the superior court terminated your firearm rights.

Where is Okanogan County Superior Court located?

The courthouse address is:

Okanogan County Superior Court

149 3rd Avenue North – 3rd Floor

Okanogan, WA 98440

Phone: 509-422-7130

How can I contact the Okanogan County Prosecuting Attorney?

Okanogan County Prosecuting Attorney's Office

Administration Building

237 Fourth Avenue North

Okanogan, WA 98440


Case Review

Contact us for a Case Review. We are available 24/7, including weekends and holidays.

Seattle Location
206.829.8545 (fax)
Mon: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Tue: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Wed: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Thu: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Fri: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Sat: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Sun: 08:00am - 06:00pm